People who never had headaches cannot understand the torture which is experienced by those who suffer from migraines attacks. Know what a migraine is all about and how to deal with it.People who never had headaches cannot understand the torture which is experienced by those who suffer from migraines attacks. Know what a migraine is all about and how to deal with it.
What is the basic difference between the headache and migraine?
The causes of headaches range from sinusitis and infections caused by a virus or bacteria.
A migraine is a very severe headache that is followed up by other symptoms. People who suffer from migraine headaches are in agony for hours or even for days.The exact reason behind the migraine headache is not yet known to anyone but medications are there to treat the symptoms of a migraine headache.
Symptoms & Causes of Migraine are as follows:
- It has several warning symptoms such as sensory abnormalities like nausea, light or hot flashes, blind spots.
- In many cases, the person who suffers from a migraine headache, wants to lie down in a calm place and be quiet. Migraines can at times be severe and hamper your daily life functions like work, socializing with friends, etc.
- There are various aspects of migraine headaches and many doctors believe that it is triggered by a chemical imbalance in the brain which happens due to a serotonin chemical.
- In a migraine, the serotonin levels in the brain may at times drop which may disturb the regulating mechanism that senses the pain in the nervous system leading to headache.
- At times certain foods or drinks like alcoholic beverages, especially beer and red wine may also trigger a migraine headache. Aged cheese and chocolates can also trigger it.
- Excessive light or sun glare and extremely loud noise also lead to the migraines.
What are the Risk factors for migraine headaches?
- Your family history is one of the reasons behind migraines. If your close blood relatives suffer from migraines, then you are also likely to have the same.
- Women are also prone to migraines as they undergo extreme hormonal changes that trigger the migraines. Girls who are in puberty are more vulnerable to have migraines than men.
- Hormonal changes are one of the major risk factors. When women go through the menstruation cycle, their hormones can change drastically leading to the conditions that trigger a migraine headache.
If you are very much prone to frequent Migraines in Rochester, NY, then you may think of going in for the preventive medicine which helps you to change your diet and also take prescription drugs.