Most metro cities offer a lifestyle that is fast paced and exhausting. So, if you are residing or working in a metro city, you can easily relate to a lifestyle that includes long working hours, hours of travel to and fro from home to office, managing work commitments, and more. Such a stressful lifestyle leaves a person exhausted and tired, and can result in certain physical conditions such as muscle pain, joint pain, back and shoulder pain. So, if you are residing in New York and looking for Massage Therapy in Rochester NY, you will get access to several trained professionals offering massage therapy that may help alleviate pain while improve the quality of your life.
Practiced since thousands of years, massage therapy is available in 80 different styles, pressures, movements, and techniques. Massage involves compressing, rubbing, or maneuvering muscles and other soft tissues with fingers and hands. Today, more and more people across the globe are recognizing the health benefits of massage that extend beyond simple relaxation. Have a quick look at some of them:
- Back Pain: Massage therapy has been particularly effective in providing relief from back pain. In fact, studies reveal that massage therapy has proved to offer better relief than acupuncture or spinal modification for constant low back pain thereby reducing the need for painkillers significantly.
- Headache: Studies reflect that people suffering from persistent headache respond well to massage therapy, as shown by more than one study. Massage therapy is known to reduce number of migraine attacks while induce better sleep.
- Osteoarthritis: Swedish massage has proved to be extremely effective for people suffering from knee osteoarthritis. Patients availing massage once or twice a week enjoyed relief from pain, stiffness, and function.
- Cancer: Massage therapy is used as a complimentary treatment to western medicine for treatment of Cancer. Massage can alleviate the symptoms and side effects of cancer treatment.
- Anxiety: Several studies conducted across the globe suggest that massage can provide relief from depression and anxiety. By lowering the level of cortisol and increasing the levels of neurotransmitters, massage therapy can help assuage depression.
Several researches conducted on the effects of massage therapy reveal significant health benefits with very few associated risks and side-effects. Used appropriately by a trained massage therapist, massage therapy can work wonders with a number of different physical conditions. So, if you are looking for trained professionals offering Massage Therapy in Rochester NY, go online to get access to reputed massage therapist.